I have been working on a lot of proposals these last few days, which brings a huge smile to my face. For the most part in 2011 I have not had many opportunities to submit proposals . Overall 2011 has been a bully with my business but it seems like he is backing off and things are moving along.
Every new small business reaches its peaks and its lows, thankfully knowing that their is a cycle keeps me sane. In my case when I run into any financial situation all I can think about is work, getting projects going, and trying to reach out to as many people as possible to make sure I don’t miss out on any opportunities that might be available.
Yesterday I got great News that I baptized it the best day of 2011. August first was the beginning of a new month and a huge spark of hope was ignited when I was informed that a project, which is going to be profitable for me, had been approved.
My last profitable project finished a little more than a year ago while working on a large project for one of my past clients. For the last year I have been keeping my business afloat with small projects that give me enough to cover some of the costs and everything else has been paid by my savings that quickly ran out.
24/7 Work Mode
My biggest issue is that when I don’t see any opportunities that look tangible enough for me to relax I go into work mode 18 hours a day (I sleep no more than 6 hours) 7 days a week. I try to focus on my business and how I am going to turn it around. This also causes that in some occasions I might not even stop working after 18 hours.
I have many people advising for me to do otherwise but when you run your own business there is clearly no line in personal and business life. When you are a new dad the pressure adds up even quicker because you want to make sure your family is well taken care off.
Yesterday I had the privilege of receiving past due payments from a few clients all at once, I got notified of the approval of a new project, I had my good friend @michaeldcc put an ad of my business on his blog (that made me smile twice), I submitted around 3 new proposals to new clients, and a few other things that are in the works seemed to get closer.
So last night I had a good night sleep and it is all I have to recognize that it was possible thanks to the support I receive continuously from friends and family.
A few of them that are key to last nights sleep are:
- Tio Tito (Better Known as Irving to people outside of the family)
- @lucymfel for being a great business partner and Awesome Mom
- @michaeldcc (thanks for the banner he posted on his blog to help me out I already got a few visitors thanks to him)
- @alexklevine for sending business my way
- @jacqcarly for being a sweetheart and looking out for me
- @Ajaysayni my Indian brother who is trying to identify opportunities for me
- @MelvinRodriguez for reading my blog and sending me leads
- Jorge Suarez for supporting me
- @vicmarieLeon for thinking of me when family members need business help
- @chrisbrogan & @robhatch for believing in me as a Resource
- @joesorge for taking the time to coach me
- @Margieclayman for always keeping me in mind
- @myagenda for connecting me with opportunities
- Melissa Delgado from @sanjuanmarriott for giving me the opportunity to set up the Blogger Event last Friday.
- @therealgabo for always giving out great parenting tips and also referring clients
- @arseniosan for being a great business partner and supporting me
- @jpadilla_ being the most hassle free developer I work with
- @ricklipsett supporting me in many things
- @julito77 always bringing my spirits up along @tonytorero and believing in what I do
Make sure you do the same for those that help you get a good sleep?
photo credit by Lars Kasper