Finally I can carry my iPad 2 without the Paranoia of the Shattered Glass nightmare repeating again. The most visited post on this blog was how only 3 days after buying the iPad 2 at Austin, TX during SXSW I dropped it once and the screen cracked.
I have been using the Otterbox Defender for my iPad 2 for many weeks now and I have to say that I am finally comfortable that my iPad 2 not going thru the same nightmare. Here are my comments on what I like from the iPad 2 Defender (I only wish they made something for my Mac).
What I like about the Otterbox Defender Case iPad 2:
- I am able to stand the IPad 2 in Portrait (see in the picture below)
- It covers the iPad completely
- When I stand the iPad inside the Otterbox Defender for viewing or typing it does not fall until I release it. The Macally Dual Stand I was using before would tip over with very little movement. Once it is placed it stays in place.
What can be improved?
- The main button on the iPad 2 has to be pushed harder than I would like to get it working. It does a great job covering it but I would prefer to use less force when using the button.
- Since the iPad 2 is so fragile they had to cover it with a sturdy case. So now my iPad 2 weighs more than my iPad 1 with the apple cover. If you are looking for something light and not something to completely cover your iPad 2 then the Otterbox Defender case might not be for you. It would be great if Otterbox created a Reflex case for the iPad 2 that would really make a difference and make an iPad 2 sexy and well protected at the same time.
Although there is always room for improvement I have to say that out of the few cases I have tried and bought for the iPad 2 receiving this complimentary case by Otterbox and having their people fix the misunderstanding we had I will continue to support Otterbox’s products because of their quality.
If you are looking in the market for the best option to protect your IPad 2 screen from cracking I clearly recommend you the IPad 2 Defender Series.
Interested in protecting the iPad 2, click on the next image with an affiliate link to read more…
Disclosure: I received a Complimentary Otterbox Defender Case for the iPad 2 but I don’t feel that this influenced the writing of this post in any way.