Keep it Fun
On many occasions we forget to have fun. We have a laundry list of items that can actually make you focus on so many things you have to finish during the day.
While attacking this laundry list we might lose out on having fun during the day or even during weeks at a time.
This past week I was reading PAY YOURSELF FIRST
a post by @chrisbrogan on his blog
. I was reminded by him and other readers of his blog (who commented on my comments) that I need to separate a bit of fun during the day.
That same day I made sure I took some time for myself and took my Four-Legged Son JuanGa (My 1 year old Black Labrador) for a stroll near the beach in my Hometown of Ponce.
While walking him, I realized that if someone is always ready to have Fun it is JuanGa. The reason I took him on the walk was to have him release some energy since he is very persistent in getting his fun time and will annoy me (and whoever is around) if I don’t satisfy it.
Juanga gives me reminders all day of when to have fun which work bring the following benefits:
- Refreshes my Mind – Juanga when I work from home at least every two hours will bring a ball to me so I can play catch with him. In most occasions it obligates me to leave something I am working on and refreshes my mind.
- No matter what time of Day Have at least a bit of fun – If we leave Juanga on his own he makes sure to let us know he is not going to relax until we actually play with him. I need to make sure that if during the day I have not had any fun maybe I can take at least 5 minutes to play with him.
- Have fun with the people around you – When other dogs are around him, he engages with them quickly and will start playing with them. Sometimes I walk into clients and I see how people miss out on having fun with there co-workers or even customers.
- Entertains Guest – When someone comes to the house he invites them to play with him. On most occasions most animal lovers will play with him and he becomes the topic of conversation.
- Curious of New Ways of having fun – While we where at the beach he was hypnotized (as you can see in the picture above) by the pelicans flying around hitting the water. In my mind he saw them as potential play buddies and believe me he even cried so I would let him in the water to play or chase after them.
I think the most important thing is always having people and simple reminders so we don’t forget to have fun. If we all a little bit of Juanga in ourselves our days would be a lot better. I have Juanga most of the time around me and just in case I forget my back up is a Mickey Mouse Sticker I was given at Disney which I attached to the Cover of my Ipad (which I always carry around).
When I come out of a meeting or I am having a rough day just looking at the Mickey sticker makes me not take things too personal and look for a way to have fun with it.
What things do you do to remind yourselves to have fun at work? On your personal time?
Feel free to share your thoughts on how you remind yourself to have fun.
Other Posts Dedicated to My Four Legged Son
Not all pets are as loved as Juanga It would be great if you also visit Santuario de Animales San Francisco de Asis
a non-killer animal shelter which I have seen is very active online. You can help them in the following ways
- Making a donation
- Adopting a pet
- Following @sasfapr on twitter
- Going to their fundraisers
- Reading their blog http://sasfapr.wordpress.com/
- Creating awareness of the great job they do and inviting others to do any of the items on this list
Subscribe to Raúl Colón’s Blog via Email